We are delighted to say that in the last week the magical £200,000 target of the ‘Worth Saving’ Appeal was reached and passed by a small amount.
For ONLY £3.00 join us for another round of General Knowledge, Sport, Music and Film questions this Friday, 26th June for what will be our last virtual quiz of this appeal campaign. So far the quiz has raised over £1,500 but the more that join in the quicker we reach £2,000.
Let’s get playing and helping the KWVR ‘Worth Saving’ Appeal
FOR NOW the Railway has been saved and steam trains have been kept alive in the Worth Valley, but massive challenges lie ahead that will need your support even more.
We know that these are troubled times and it is hard for everyone but without your donations the KWVR will not be able to operate steam trains in the Worth Valley, so, if you can, please donate and help us keep the wheels turning and bringing delight to all our passengers, young and not so young.
‘Worth Saving’ Appeal – 9.00pm Friday Night is Quiz Night
Click HERE to Register NOW for the 26th June KWVR Friday Night, Quiz Night
So just a few points to mention.
- Don’t be afraid, it’s general knowledge not railway specific and you will not be asked questions like, “Five of our locomotives were condemned by British Railways and almost spent their final days being cut up in a scrapyard in South Wales, until saved for the KWVR. The town where the scrapyard was situated, was in a town immortalised in the sitcom, Gavin & Stacey. What is the name of that South Wales seaside town?” (Answer: Barry)
- It is ONLY £3 to join the quiz and there are cash prizes to the person in 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. “How much can I win?” The size of the ‘prize pot’ depends on the number of players, the more that play, the bigger the prizes.
- If there’s a tie, the person who answered the questions the quickest will take top spot – simple?
- The quiz will have three general knowledge rounds and three subject specific
- You will need to register and buy your place in the quiz ahead of the 9.00 quiz time, then when the clock chimes NINE , you’re ready to go. To register to take part, just click on the link above.
Tip: When buying your place, use ‘Proceed to checkout’.
- Having purchased a place in the quiz, when it is time to play, go to ‘Player Login’ and your link to play is in the ‘Pending Quiz Events’
We are grateful for all the support we are receiving, but these remain difficult times, we are still looking at how we can stay in touch, raise much needed funds for the Railway and have a good time.