Join us as we celebrate 45 years since the filming of ‘The Railway Children’ right here at the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway.
The Railway will be running a special timetable using some of the coaches from the film on a vintage train. Well known scenes from the film will be re-enacted around the Oakworth area where tea and buns will be served. In addition there will be guided tours of Oakworth Station and also of locations used in the film well known to generations of children and adults alike.
- Every day – Re-enactments of scenes from the film
- Every day – ‘Old Gentleman’s’ coach open to the public at Oxenhope
- Sunday & Monday – Guest appearance of Chris Witty who played the hapless schoolboy Jim in the film
- Saturday & Monday – Guided Railway Children walks from Oxenhope and Oakworth
- Saturday & Sunday – Haworth Locomotive Works tour
- Monday – Railway Children Bus Tour
- Official launch of the 3rd edition of the book, ‘The Making of the Railway Children’
- Every day – programme of events including historic coaches used in the film and rides behind ‘Sir Berkeley’ in a rare vintage coach.
And add to this 2 train operation every day with 43924 and 34092 ‘Wells’
For more details and timetable of events ⇒