The Keighley and Worth Valley Railway will once again be operating intensively from Saturday 23rd May until Sunday 13th September. The Railway is operating a revised mid-week timetable, responding to demand for an earlier steam train service than we currently offer.
Therefore the Railway, as part of its Summer Employment programme, has a paid vacancy for a suitably qualified person to act as Yard Foreman / Fireman for the summer running period.
The duties will include:
- Lighting up the steam locomotive(s) for service
- Cleaning and tidying the loco preparation area
- Preparing lighting up materials for the next day
- Relieving the crew (for their break) on the steam engine at Oxenhope platform
- Fireman for up to 2 round trips (if required)
- Other Yard duties as time permits.
Hours of duty : 05:30 to 13:30 (1/2 hr break after 09:30).
Period of Employment : Nominally 26th May to 11th September 2015.
Qualifications : Fireman or Passed Fireman or Driver.
Remuneration : TBA.
A 50/50 job share may be considered.
For further details please apply to Nicholas Hellewell (Operations Director), Haworth Station, Keighley, West Yorkshire, BD22 8NJ or call 01535 640464 during office hours 11.00 – 16.00.